The Security Council is considering the situation in Ukraine


China News Service United Nations April 5 (Reporter Ma Delin)UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres called for an independent investigation into the boucha incident as the UN Security Council reviewed the situation in Ukraine on Friday.UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres speaks on the situation in Ukraine on March 14 local time.Guterres told the meeting that the images of the killing of civilians in Bucha were shocking and that an independent investigation must be carried out.The international community should also pay attention to the impact of the Russia-Ukraine conflict on the global economy, especially the impact on developing countries.U.n. UnderSecretary-General for Political and peacebuilding Affairs, Joseph dicarlo, said there were reports of civilians being looted, raped and killed during Russia’s occupation of Bucha.The United Nations is equally concerned about other possible war crimes and supports investigations into those leads.Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky addressed the meeting via video link.He said the deliberate killing of local residents by Russian forces was abhorrent.He called on the Security Council to play a role.The Russian Ambassador to the United Nations, Sergei Nebienja, insisted that the alleged killing of Civilians in Bucha by Russian troops was fabricated by Ukraine and that the Western media had carried out indiscriminate reports to discredit Russia.Zhang Jun, China’s ambassador to the United Nations, said the reports and images of civilian deaths in Bucha were very disturbing, and the circumstances and specific causes of the incident must be investigated.Any accusations should be based on facts, and all parties should exercise restraint and avoid groundless accusations until conclusions are drawn.Bucha, on the west side of The Ukrainian capital Kiev, is under the administration of Kiev prefecture and was seized by Russian forces in early March.Russia’s defence ministry had previously said that Russian troops had completely withdrawn from the city on March 30 and that no civilians had been killed.(End) (Chinanews.com)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.